This course is designed to help factories resume their operations safely. The 12 modules cover key aspects of health & safety measures to protect the workers from COVID-19 while ensuring business continuity. A toolbox and self-assessment tool come with it. Documents in the toolbox such as fact sheets and checklists are available not only in English but also in Tamil, Bengali, Turkish and Spanish.
How will you learn?The course consists of 12 modules. The learning path is built on screencast videos, quizzes, downloadables, tool kits. Learners will be able to use a self-assessment tool at the end of the course.
All participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Eurofins | AQM Certificate of Completion.
The overall course duration is approximately 2.5 hours.
What will you learn?This online training is based on the Eurofins I AQM Standard for “COVID-19 PREVENTION IN THE WORKPLACE”. This standard has been developed based on recommendations / guidelines issued by the World Health Organisation, OSHA, and other relevant organisations promoting health, hygiene and safety best practices in the workplace to avoid the spread of the COVID-19 disease.
By the end of this course, attendees will have considered all key aspects of health & safety measures and necessary steps that their organisation should implement to protect their workers from the virus while ensuring business continuity.
Online course Detailed outline
This pre-assessment will help in assessing the prior knowledge you may have about the course topic. Note: It is not graded.
This is an introductory module about Covid-19 and how it has impacted the workplace.
- Course Overview
This module gives an overview about the Coronavirus and provides a good understanding of why it is so contagious and what its symptoms are.
- 1.1 All About Covid-19
- 1.2 Covid-19 Symptoms and Actions to Limit it
- 1.3 Key Take-away
- 1.4 End of Module Assessment
This module focuses on how to of keep the workplace / premises clean at all times to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 What to Disinfect?
- 2.3 How to Disinfect?
- 2.4 Cleaners' Training
- 2.5 Tools and Checklist
- 2.6 Key Take-away
- 2.7 End of Module Assessment
This module deals with adapting the workforce to the need. It explains how to manage the workforce during this difficult time, to avoid spreading the virus while ensuring the business runs smoothly.
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Evaluate the Need for Onsite Employees
- 3.3 How to Organize the Workforce in the Factory
- 3.4 Adapt the Lunch Breaks and Recommendations for Prayers
- 3.5 Key Take-away
- 3.6 End of Module Assessment
This module introduces best practices and a proven methodology to adapt the factory layout in order to prevent the Corovirus to spread.
- 4.1 Introduction and Key Requirements
- 4.2 Self-assessment Methodology
- 4.3 Example of Self-assessment in a Garment Factory
- 4.4 Example of Engineering Control
- 4.5 Key Take-away
- 4.6 End of Module Assessment
This module demonstrates how essential it is to have a clear and well known factory entrance protocol to ensure anyone who is suffering or has symptoms of Covid-19 does not enter the premises.
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Reducing the Density of Workers
- 5.3 Important Protocols
- 5.4 Records and Confidentiality
- 5.5 Checklists
- 5.6 Key Take-away
- 5.7 End of Module Assessment
As the Coronavirus can stay on the surface of goods and materials for hours, it is thus essential to know how to handle materials and goods in the factory.
- 6.1 Introduction
- 6.2 Suppliers, Transportation Service and Drivers Awareness
- 6.3 Adapt the Workforce and Unloading Process
- 6.4 Document Handling
- 6.5 Role of Security Guards
- 6.6 Instructions for Raw Materials Suppliers
- 6.7 Key Take-away
- 6.8 End of Module Assessment
Good practices should be adopted by factory workers to ensure there is no spread of Coronavirus in the factory. Proper sanitisation and disinfection guidelines should be followed at the factory.
- 7.1 Introduction
- 7.2 Sanitation Routine
- 7.3 Personal Protective Equipment
- 7.4 Child Care Facility
- 7.5 Factory Areas Safety and Cleanliness
- 7.6 Doctor and Nurse’s Consultation During Working Hours
- 7.7 Public Announcement
- 7.8 Other Safe Behavior Recommendation
- 7.9 Key Take-away
- 7.10 End of Module Assessment
Workers should not be at risk on their way from home to the factory. To fulfill this imperative it is important to know the good practices to follow for workers’ transportation.
- 8.1 Introduction
- 8.2 Raising Workers' Awareness
- 8.3 Factory Procedure for the Safe Transportation of Workers
- 8.4 Log for Workers' Transportation
- 8.5 Key Take-away
- 8.6 End of Module Assessment
The initial steps are critical when a person is found or might be infected with Covid-19. This module explains what steps should be taken when facing this sanitary situation.
- 9.1 Introduction
- 9.2 How to Promptly Identify Potentially Infectious Individuals?
- 9.3 What to do if a Factory Worker Shows Covid-19 Symptoms at the Factory Entry Gate?
- 9.4 What to do if a Factory Worker Shows Covid-19 Symptoms in the Factory?
- 9.5 What to do if a Suspected Case is Confirmed Positive?
- 9.6 What Must be Documented?
- 9.7 Key Take-away
- 9.8 End of Module Assessment
The employees should be properly trained and fully aware of any facts and news about Covid-19. This module focuses on how to create awareness and how to give training to employees.
- 10.1 Introduction
- 10.2 Who Should be Trained and on Which Topic?
- 10.3 Content of General Awareness Training
- 10.4 Trainers and Training Quality Control
- 10.5 Wall Posters and Public Announcement
- 10.6 Ensuring the Training is Effective
- 10.7 Key Take-away
- 10.8 End of Module Assessment
This module provides a brief about the Covid-19 Committee and key policies and procedures with respect to Covid-19.
- 11.1 Introduction
- 11.2 Covid-19 Committee
- 11.3 Key Policies and Procedures
- 11.4 Focus of Covid-19 Preparedness and Response Plan
- 11.5 Focus on Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- 11.6 Key Take-away
- 11.7 End of Module Assessment
This module provides examples of regulations and guidelines implemented in different countries.
- Full Download Package - English
- Full Download Package - Bengali / বাংলা ভাষায় কোর্স ডকুমেন্টগুলোর সম্পূর্ণ প্যাকেজ
- Full Download Package - Tamil / தமிழில் முழு பாட திட்ட ஆவணங்களின் தொகுப்பு
- Full Download Package - Turkish / Türkçe ders belgelerinin tam paketi
- Full Download Package - Spanish / Todos los documentos de los módulos para descargar
Congratulations on finishing the course.
A graduate in Environmental Sciences and Policy from Sciences Po Paris, France, Francesca is a specialist in environmental issues with field experience working on CSR, environmental assessment, and training at global retailers and with Eurofins Consumer Products Assurance (CPA). She has gained extensive expertise in environmental issues carrying out audits in major production countries such as Cambodia, China, India, Turkey, and Bangladesh, where she was stationed for four years overseeing environmental programmes for Eurofins CPA. Francesca is also a well-regarded trainer in chemical management, environmental awareness, and wastewater treatment.
Read more about Eurofins CPA.