This course gives an appreciation of the history of denim and the global denim market as well as covers the production steps for denim. Learners will learn how to design denim to a price point and understand the choices and trade-offs when working with denim – aesthetics, performance, commercial and sustainability levers.
How will you learn?The online course is self-paced and includes a pre-assessment test, modules of interactive instruction combining a variety of formats such as videos, practical exercises, assignments, discussion forums and case studies. It concludes on a final assessment.
All participants who successfully complete the course will receive a MOTIF Certificate of Completion.
What will you learn?By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Gain an appreciation of the history of Denim and the global denim market
2. Understand the denim production steps and how to design to a price point with denim
3. Lay out the choices and consider trade offs when working with denim -aesthetics, performance, commercial and sustainability levers
4. Check the fundamentals to ensure product performance and compliance quality and consistency
5. Effectively communicate with supply chain partners and vendors