This course gives the keys to developing an effective Plus apparel sizing strategy which is to establish the proper garment balance and shape for the Plus body, and the right aesthetic proportions. Plus Size Course covers those 3 fundamental aspects and more, for this specific target market.
Coming soon Detailed outline
This is to assess the knowledge you already have on the course topics and evaluate how this course can be most helpful for you.
This module provides background information to the course such as introduce yourself to your classmates, the plus size market overview and a case study.
- 1. Welcome to the Course
- 2. Course Overview
- 3. Why plus sizes?
- 4. Opportunities in the plus size apparel market
- 5. Entering the plus size market
- 6. Case study
This module dives introduces the various plus size types and their importance.
- 1.1 Shape matters to fit
- 1.2 Basic body types
- 1.3 How shape and proportions change with size
- 1.4 Body changes as size increases
- 1.5 Assessment
This module dives into the fit and balance of plus size garment such as how to make pattern adjustments, making a well balanced plus pattern and follow best practices for plus size construction.
- 2.1 Pattern engineering for plus
- 2.2 How does size affect pattern balance for tops?
- 2.3 How does size affect pattern balance for bottoms?
- 2.4 Construction considerations
- 2.5 Body growth and garment grading
- 2.6 Assessment
This module will goes through the aesthetics of plus size garment such as creating a proportionate style, scaling style details and main fit intent/ease over body across sizes.
- 3.1 Aesthetic fit challenges
- 3.2 Tops
- 3.3 Bottoms
- 3.4 Jackets: What would you do?
- 3.5 Jackets: Alice's recommended approach
- 3.6 Assessment
This module will go through the steps for evaluating the fit of the garment, identifying differences between the body and the form and getting to know how to use the form as a tool.
- 4.1 Fit form vs live model
- 4.2 Using fit forms
- 4.3 Assessment
The module will summarize the modules that you’ve been through in the course. To complete the course, you will need to pass the Post-Assessment in the module.
- 1. Course Summary
- 2. Post-Assessment
- 3. End of Course Survey