A series of comprehensive workshops providing practical hands-on skills for anyone working with apparel product.
A typical Alvanon workshop will:
• Provide Alvanon insight into the best practices on tactical topics.
• Give participants an opportunity to share their specific challenges.
• Allow time to network with peers in a neutral peer-to-peer setting.
New York Workshop Agenda
WEDNESDAY, February 5th
Speed to Market: Skills in the Fitting Room
1. Preparing for the Fit Session
2. Fitting for Functionality
3. Achieving Consistent Results
4. Creating Environment for Open Feedback
THURSDAY, February 6th
Working Digital: What Does this Mean for You?
1. 3D vs Digital – What’s the Difference?
2. How the Digital Revolution Affects the Fashion Industry
3. 3D Now and Future – Tips for 3D Success
4. E-Commerce Optimization – Improving How We Communicate w/ Customers
Apparel Testing: Which Test and Why?
1.Definition and Differences
2. Defining Objectives
3. Choosing Wearers
4. How to Conduct Tests
5. How to gather actionable results
6. Flowing results into production
About the Consultants
Don Howard, Executive Director
Don Howard has over 30 years’ experience in apparel retail, design and manufacturing . He joined Alvanon in 2010 and was named Executive Director in 2013. He established Alvanon’s renowned professional Development Series training program and is a recognized expert in pre-production process assessment, technical design and product development with a particular emphasis on implementing sizing and fit standards.
Emily Robertson-Hood, Senior Consultant
For 20+ years Emily has led teams of Engineers, QA, Patternmakers, Graders, and Technical Developers in the fit, construction and global manufacturing of apparel products ranging from denim to down. She has led teams at Levi Strauss & Co., Lands’ End and Eddie Bauer. She developed her own line of apparel and sold it from her retail location, so understands the problems facing both a global business as well as the small independents.
About the Organiser
Alvanon is a global innovations company shaping the future of fit. When Alvanon was founded in 2001, it was focused on solving the sizing and fit challenges inherent in the apparel industry. It has since evolved into a global company, shaping the future of fit through modern technology and an innovative data-driven approach.
Today, Alvanon operates as advisor to many of the world’s leading apparel organizations – helping them improve their fit for and engage more intimately with the modern-day consumer.