Introduction to Risk Assessment provides the foundation of Risk Management to participants. This course begins by teaching the universally accepted terminology and definitions, the five-step process, and how this information can be practical to you as a member of a compliance team when auditing facilities and factories.
How will you learn?The course is self-paced and includes a pre and a post-assessment. It consists of modules of interactive instruction based on videos, discussion forums and real-life case studies.
All participants who successfully complete the course will receive a WRAP Certificate of Completion.
What will you learn?By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the terminology in risk assessment
2. Conduct objective risk assessment following the 5-step process to minimize the risks in the factory or facility.
3. Communicate the risk management strategy effectively based on objective risk assessment
Online course Detailed outline
- 0.1 Welcome to the course
- 0.2 Course overview
- 0.3 Who is responsible for the risk assessment?
- 0.4 Case Study
- 1.1 Risk Assessment - The Beginning
- 1.2 Process
- 1.3 Hazard
- 1.4 Occupational Disease
- 1.5 Risk
- 1.6 Harm and its Severity
- 1.7 Risk Rating
- 1.8 Controls
- 1.9 End of Module Assessment
- 2.1 Risk Assessment Recap
- 2.2 Who is at Risk
- 2.3 What Makes an Effective Risk Assessment
- 2.4 Step 1: Identification of the processes and their activities
- 2.5 Step 2: Identification of hazards and their risk
- 2.6 Step 3: Identification of severity of the harm caused by a hazard
- 2.7 Step 4: Determining risk rating and necessary controls to mitigate the hazard
- 2.8 Step 5: Periodic review of the risk assessment
- 2.9 Exercise - Cutting Process
- 2.10 Answer Sheet for Cutting Exercise
- 2.11 End of Module Assessment
- 3.1 Course Summary
- 3.2 Final Exam
- 3.3 End of Course Survey
With diverse training and auditing experience of more than 17 years, Vinay Saxena joined WRAP in 2018 and has since conducted many training sessions worldwide. As both an engineer and management postgraduate, and through his role of Lead Trainer for WRAP, Vinay successfully mentors and inspires others to join him in his quest to establish global social sustainability in manufacturing.
His substantial expertise in analyzing and understanding learners’ aspirations, as well as his clients’ needs, have enabled him to adapt his methodologies and tailor his approach to meet expectations in his assignments. As an auditor, he possesses a high and precise understanding of management systems, including the significance of the human component in them. He has conducted thousands of value-added management system audits in various industries, assessing areas such as quality, environment, occupational health and safety, social, and energy.
About Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
WRAP is an independent, objective, non-profit team of global social compliance experts dedicated to promoting safe, lawful, humane, and ethical manufacturing around the world through certification and education.