Changing armholes, sleeves and necklines isn’t quite as easy as it looks but this online course breaks down the concept of contouring the pattern to ensure that the garment still fits after changing the pattern.
How will you learn?This highly practical self-paced course includes video instructions for every lesson as well as worksheets, quizzes and discussions. This course also supplies half scale downloadables to follow along that will ease your learning journey and enhance your learning experience. An in-course glossary at the learner’s fingertips facilitates the understanding of technical terms.
All participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Project Patterns Certificate of Completion.
What will you learn?By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Understand and use the concept of contouring
2. Draft a range of different necklines including a boat neck, deep round neck, square neck, wrap top and a one shoulder top
3. Draft a range of different armholes including a dropped shoulder, racer armhole and halter neck
4. Draft a range of sleeves including a bishop sleeve, lantern sleeve, tulip sleeve, raglan sleeve and a kimono sleeve
5. Draft both closed and open cuffs
Online course Detailed outline
- Course Preview
In this module you’ll be introduced to a new concept called contouring. The contour guide is going to guide us through drafting a range of new necklines without compromising the fit of our new garment.
- 1.1 Adding Extra Shaping & Contouring
- 1.2 Boat Neckline
- 1.3 Round Neckline
- 1.4 V-Neckline
- 1.5 Square Neckline
- 1.6 One Shoulder
- 1.7 Wrap Top
You’ve already learnt how to use the contour guide to change necklines, now in this module we’ll apply that theory to armholes too.
- 2.1 Racer Armhole
- 2.2 Dropped Shoulder
- 2.3 Halter Top
The sleeve block can also be manipulated using slash & spread and dart rotation. This module will focus on a variety of sleeve styles including a bishop sleeve, raglan sleeve, kimono sleeve and many more!
- 3.1 Understanding Sleeves & Armholes
- 3.2 Creating Closed Cuffs
- 3.3 Creating Open Cuffs
- 3.4 Bishop Sleeve
- 3.5 Lantern Sleeve
- 3.6 Tulip Sleeve
- 3.7 Dropped Shoulder
- 3.8 Kimono Sleeve
- 3.9 Raglan Sleeve
- Course Summary
- Final Exam
- End of Course Survey