Effluent Treatment Plants (ETP) are key elements of the textile industry supply chain and managing wastewater properly, a key environmental challenge. This online course covers both the different characteristics of wastewater and how to treat it, as well as explains how Effluent Treatment Plants operate. It was designed to ensure operators are qualified to run the site safely, efficiently and properly. This course is introductory to ETPs and will be completed with a more advanced course on this topic.
How will you learn?This course is self-paced and includes a pre-assessment and a final exam. It has been built to provide practical knowledge and know-how over three modules of instruction. It combines lectures with interactive activities including case study videos and quizzes to help you understand all topics thoroughly. Each module includes an introduction, a summary and a final quiz.
Learners will receive a Eurofins | AQM Course Certificate of Completion, upon successfully completing all course modules and achieving a final exam passing score of 80%.
What will you learn?By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Have a thorough knowledge about the water quality parameters and correctly identify them.
2. Know more about textile wastewater characteristics and legal standards.
3. Understand how to reduce pollution at the source.
4. Identify the different ETP processes from the preliminary treatment to the tertiary.
Coming soon Detailed outline
This module provides background information to the course. You will meet with the publisher, Eurofins | AQM and get an overview of what you will be going through.
- 0.1 Welcome to the course
- 0.2 Course overview
- 0.3 Importance of Wastewater Management & ETP
This is to assess the knowledge you already have on the course topics and evaluate how this course can be most helpful for you.
This module covers what parameters you need to consider when it comes to water quality.
- 1.1 pH
- 1.2 Temperature
- 1.3 Dissolved oxygen
- 1.4 BOD & COD
- 1.5 Nitrogen
- 1.6 Total suspended solids
- 1.7 Colour
- 1.8 Conclusion
- 1.9 End of Module Assessment
Get a thorough understanding of the different wastewater characteristics and why they matter. Learn the tools at your disposal to reduce pollution.
- 2.1 Pollutants and impact on water quality parameters
- 2.2 High variability of textile wastewater characteristics
- 2.3 How to reduce the pollution at the source
- 2.4 Comparing legal and ZDHC standards
- 2.5 Conclusion
- 2.6 End of Module Assessment
From the pre-treatment phase to the preliminary until the tertiary treatment, learn about these different steps in-depth, to fully understand how an Effluent Treatment Plant works and to accurately set it up in your own business activity.
- 3.1 Pre-treatment and CETP definition
- 3.2 ETP treatment levels and mechanisms
- 3.3 Preliminary treatment
- 3.4 Primary treatment
- 3.5 pH neutralization
- 3.6 Secondary treatment (biological)
- 3.7 Sludge
- 3.8 Tertiary treatment
- 3.9 Zero Liquid Discharge
- 3.10 Treatment processes effect on water quality parameters
- 3.11 Biological, chemical and bio-chemical ETP
- 3.12 Conclusion
- 3.13 End of Module Assessment
This module summarizes all the key learnings of the course. To successfully complete the course, you will need to pass the final exam.
- 4.1 Course summary
- 4.2 Post-Assessment
- 4.3 End of course survey
Francesca has become a specialist in environmental & social issues after several years of experience in the CSR departments of famous international retailing and industrial companies. As Senior Environmental Advisor & Training Manager at Eurofins | AQM, she has been working for 4 years in Bangladesh where she developed the AQM’s environmental assessment approach & environmental and social training services. She visited and audited more than 50 factories in the textile industry in Bangladesh, India, China, Turkey, Cambodia and Morocco. Francesca has several years of experience conducting trainings for brands and factories’ compliance teams.
Eurofins | AQM has progressively been expanding into new sourcing markets in Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia & Myanmar), South Asia (Bangladesh & India), as well as Europe and North Africa (Turkey, Pakistan and Ethiopia) to cope with dynamic sourcing landscape and shifting market demands. Our 280+ in-house inspectors and auditors are well trained to ensure proficiency, consistency and commitment across our services. Eurofins | AQM, an APSCA member, has been trusted by fashion brands and retailers worldwide.
Read more about Eurofins | AQM.