Water in the Textile Industry is an online course series composed of two courses: 1. The Fundamentals, 2. Best Practices and Solution Approaches. The course series covers the connection between a garment’s life cycle and its water footprint to encourage better decision making during design, manufacturing and retailing.
Water in the Textile Industry: The Fundamentals defines what the “water footprint” concept is and explains the principle of “water consumption”. It illustrates why designers and producers should care about water usage and water pollution and presents how to implement best practices from conception to production.
How will you learn?The online course is self-paced and includes a pre-assessment test and modules of interactive instruction combining a variety of formats such as videos, practical exercises, case studies and discussion forums. It concludes on a final assessment.
All participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Drip by Drip Certificate of Completion.
What will you learn?By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Better understand the natural water cycle
2. Recognize the many impacts of the apparel industry over water
3. Conduct analysis of the "water footprint" concept in the Textile Industry
4. Identify mismanagement of the water resources and collaborate with fellow professionals to apply principles learned
5. Integrate water consumption and pollution issues into product design