How to Brand Fashion Products, Textiles & Ingredients to Drive ESG/Sustainability initiatives
An Interactive Masterclass
- 9:00 AM New York
- 2:00 PM London
- 9:00 PM Hong Kong
Sustainability objectives are complicated & difficult to achieve. When ESG products are priced higher, this may impact sales. A strategy to overcome this is to brand ESG products, textiles & ingredients with brand symbols, images & stories. The effect shifts consumer thinking from utilitarian values to emotional values as the brand engenders a relationship with the consumer and sets the stage for brand equity building and eventually loyalty. All so that…Doing Well & Doing Good merge.
This Masterclass is taught by seasoned branding expert, Bill D’Arienzo who has worked with global luxury brands for over 30 years. Bill’s textbook, “Brand Management Strategies: Luxury & Mass Markets” has been adopted by instructors at over 12 U.S. universities.
Key Learning Objectives
After this course you will be able to:
- Brand textiles and fashion products with sustainability standards
- Understand the challenges with certifications and the quest for fashion transparency
- Bundle & brand with fashion focused NGOs and certification agencies
Below are the topics that will be covered over this 3-hour class along with discussion, case studies and interactive exercises.
- Identifying the difficulties in realizing sustainability initiatives
- What is a Brand?
- Can Brands Help?
- How can Brand Archetype move the commitment needle?
- Fashion companies as the worst ESG violators and the most likely liberators
- Using Design Thinking @The Point of Design begins the liberation
- ESG Branding for Yarns, Textiles & Products
- How Branding informs the process and the product
- The Outstanding Market Leaders’…common denominator
- The less effective Market Wannabees
- Concluding challenges and pathways
- Identifying the difficulties in realizing sustainability initiatives
Limited Seats: Sold out!
Less than 3 seats remaining.
Price: US$350 10% OFF for MOTIF Members (Discovery, Event & All-Access Pass Holders) – login to access ticketing.
The US$350 gives you access to:
- A 3 hour interactive virtual class taught by an industry expert
- Real case studies from the fashion industry
- Opportunity for interactive group discussion
- Pre-reading material and resources
- Access to the event community for discussion before and after
- Welcome & Introduction
- Setting the Context: Setting the Context: Our top resources
- Breakout #1: Status quo and Challenges
- What are the major challenges you / your company are faced with?
- Making conventional fibers more sustainable
- Understanding materials of the Future
- Breakout #2: Brainstorming Solutions and Best Practices
- Understanding where to start
- Principles of approach from our speakers
- Sharing our experiences so far
- Hear more specific case studies
- Breakout discussions recap
- Wrap-up & Quickfire
Bill is the CEO of WDA Brand Marketing Strategies & founded & lectures in the Brand Management Certificate programs @ FIT/NYC. In this capacity, he has designed and teaches “Brand Strategies for Driving Sustainability and the Purposeful Economy” a 6 week intensive wherein students earn a Certificate. He has written widely on the subject matter of branding sustainability and currently is the brand advisor for Actionnate.com, a web-based sustainability initiative that aligns consumers and their values with brands and their CSR/ESG promises & NGO’s and their missions on a common vetting platform.
Facilitated by WDA
WDA offers Fashion Law Management strategies on how to create and protect your brand assets & Expert Opinion Reports (which we have done for Gucci & others) with on-line Consumer Research (which we design & administer in house) in support of these services.
In WDA’s consulting practice, Bill & his team believe that in our fiercely competitive global & digital economy, “Great product is necessary but not sufficient for business success”; as such, they create unbeatable branded businesses!
Share this event:
MOTIF Masterclasses are deep-dive instructor-led virtual classes hosted by MOTIF. Focused on a particular topic and taught by a subject-matter expert from across the industry, they can be at minimum a single 3 hour virtual session, or a series of 2-hour sessions scheduled over consecutive days. These sessions typically include presentations, break-out small group discussions or learning activities and a chance to challenge your assumptions and ask questions to practitioners and peers.
Unlike a traditional 1-hour webinar, a Masterclass encourages peer to peer interactions and is a deep-dive session. Whereas both the MOTIF 2-hour Learning Series and MOTIF Masterclasses are highly interactive, the latter are a deeper drill-down on a particular topic. We encourage all participants to prepare by reading the assigned pre-reading, ask questions in the session community forum and come prepared to engage in a live discussion. A digital Certificate of Completion will be awarded for active and full participation to the Masterclass.
This session is open to any fashion industry professional. Some topics may be more advanced than others but there are no prerequisites to attend.
This class is for Fashion Supply Chain and Product Development managers, Sustainability officers and managers, Brand managers & supervisors, Cross-Functional Teams, aspiring entrepreneurs & students and all those who realize our planet is at risk.
The ticket gives you access to the full Masterclass and all of its learning material which includes live interaction sessions with audience participation, small group break-out discussions, pre-reading material and resources, and access to the event community for discussion before and after. Everyone who completes the Masterclass, will receive a digital Certificate of Completion.
Tickets are non-refundable, and non-transferable to another MOTIF event or to another person.
Click on the Login / Register button. You will need to be logged into your MOTIF account or register for one if you have not done so already. Once you are logged in, you may select from several options. 1) Purchase a ticket using a credit card 2) Purchase a ticket with your 10% off if you are a MOTIF Member (All-Access Pass Holder, Discovery Plan Subscriber or Event Pass Holder).
Due to the interactive nature of the Masterclass, and it being structured around discussions, brainstorming and break out sessions, it will NOT be recorded. A digital summary digest will be provided after the event.
Tickets are non exchangeable or transferable to another person or another MOTIF event or course or subscription. An individual ticket can be refunded in full if cancellation takes place 14 days prior the Masterclass Day 1 session, up to 50% if 7 days prior, no refund will be awarded after that. No refund will be awarded for group/multi-tickets purchases prior the event or in case of no-show.
For cancellation requests or ticketing enquiries please contact [email protected]
if you experience any difficulty registering or have a sales enquiriy please contact [email protected]