I’m often asked “What are the most sustainable textiles?” to which I will usually reply:
What is most important to you?
- That the raw material comes from a renewable resource.
- That people involved in the supply of the raw material are not exposed to poor working conditions and are given a fair pay.
- That animals from which the fibres originate are not treated with cruelty.
- That the amount of water and energy used in the production of the textile is as low as possible.
- That harmful chemicals aren’t used during the processing of the textiles.
- That the product will not contribute to landfill at the end of its life.
So – what is most important to you? Let me know!